TERMS & CONDITIONS
By ordering from Hartwell Food Co you are agreeing to all conditions set out below:
ORDER CUT OFF TIME
Hartwell Food Co is a fresh ready meal delivery service. We do not deliver orders after the cut-off time stated on our website. We prepare our meals fresh to order and we cannot accomodate late requests.
The cut-off time for orders and any adjustments (cancellations, additional meal orders, address and meal type changes) are as follows:
- The cut-off time is communicated in Victoria’s local time. Orders (and any updates) must be submitted by the cutoff time, as stated on the website.
- This cut-off time is effective from Monday 15th July 2019 until further notice.
- You must live in our delivery area to order (MELBOURNE, VICTORIA)
- Delivery areas are divided into ZONES. ZONE 1 delivery fee is $15 & ZONE 2 delivery fee is $25. Please check your delivery zone & choose accordingly when checking out. If you choose the wrong delivery zone & delivery fee, we will contact you prior to delivery to amend & pay any difference.
- Delivery windows vary by location. If you will not be home please make an alternative arrangement and leave specific delivery instructions on the checkout page for our drivers to follow.
- Please allow access for your delivery to be left at your front door. If access is not available, your delivery will be left at the most appropriate location.
- Ownership of the Products will transfer to you once we have delivered in accordance with your delivery instructions.
- We cannot commit to a smaller delivery window. We will try to accommodate, but cannot guarantee any special requests.
- A $15-$25 delivery fee applies to all orders.
- If a re-delivery is required at an alternative time through no fault of Hartwell Food Co or our logistics partners an additional fee may be charged.
- We do not accept liability for uncollected, damaged, lost or stolen goods once your order has been delivered
- We are unable to customise individual meals based on preference, dietary requirements or allergies.
- All product ingredients are listed on the website
- Ingredients may change without warning due to seasonal availability
- From time to time, we may need to revise the price of products
- The current prices of products & our delivery charges will be as quoted on the website, however we reserve the right to update prices as required
- Product prices and delivery charges include taxes
- Payment must be made at time of order, via payment methods stated on the website
- No refunds for change of mind
- No returns
- only one discount code can be used per order
- WELCOME20 code offers a one time discount of $20 off your first order (minimum order $99) & cannot be used in conjunction with other offers
FULL TERMS & CONDITIONS
This page (together with the documents referred to on it) tells the customer (you/your) the terms and conditions (Terms and Conditions) on which Hartwell Food Co (we/our/us) will supply to you the products (Products) listed on our website www.hartwellfoodco.com.au (Site) via delivery (delivery). Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before ordering any Products from the Site. You should understand that by ordering any of our Products you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and any policies stated on the Site. We reserve the right to amend these Terms and Conditions and any policies at any time and your use of the Site following any amendments will represent your agreement to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and policies as amended. We therefore recommend that each time you access the Site you read these Terms and Conditions and policies. Please tick the checkbox in the shopping cart to accept these Terms and Conditions. Please understand that if you do not accept these Terms and Conditions, you will not be able to order any Products from the Site.
1. INFORMATION ABOUT US
1.1 We operate the site located at www.hartwellfoodco.com.au. We are a ready meal delivery service. David Selex trading as Hartwell Food Co (ABN 29).
2. SERVICE AVAILABILITY
2.1 The Site is only intended for use by people residing in nominated areas of Australia (Service Areas). We do not accept orders from individuals outside our area of service. Customers must provide a valid email address and pay via credit card for all orders accepted online. We do not accept orders by phone.
3. YOUR STATUS
3.1 By placing an order through our site, you warrant that:
- you are legally capable of entering into binding contracts; and
- you are at least 18 years old; and
- you are resident in our area of service
4. HOW THE CONTRACT IS FORMED BETWEEN YOU AND US
4.1 After completing the order process on the Site, you will receive an email from us acknowledging that we have received your order (Order). Please note that this does not mean that an order has been accepted.
4.2 An Order will relate only to the product or service you have ordered. Each Order that we accept results in a separate binding agreement between you and us for the supply of those Products or Service. For each Order accepted by us, we will supply the Products or Service in that Order to you in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
5. ACCEPTANCE OR REJECTION OF AN ORDER
5.1 We reserve the right to accept or reject an Order for any reason, including if the requested Product is not available or if there is an error in the price or the Product description posted on the Site or in an Order.
5.2 If we reject an Order, we will endeavour to notify you of that rejection at the time you place an Order or within 7 days after you submit an Order.
5.3 You are not permitted to purchase any items for resale to a third party or for trade purposes. If we have a concern with the quantity of item/s you have ordered, we will endeavour to contact you when you place an Order or within 7 days after you submit an Order.
5.4 If we refuse an Order on or prior to delivery but after our relevant weekly order cut-off, a full refund, less any discounts, will be made within 10 Business Days.
6.1 When you place an order for a product you enter into an agreement to receive the product. You will be charged for your order upon completion of the ordering process.
6.2 By ordering our meals, you are agreeing to receive our Product unless cancelled by you or us as set out in these Terms and Conditions.
6.3 You can cancel, pause, and otherwise amend your Order at any time provided that your adjustment request is received by the cut-offs outlined below. You will not be charged a cancellation fee.
6.4 We reserve the right to terminate your order at our reasonable discretion at any time and without giving any reasons for our decision.
7. CHANGE OF DETAILS
7.1 Changes to address details and/or delivery instructions must be communicated via the methods and by the cut-offs outlined in these Terms and Conditions.
8.1 From time to time we may need to revise the price of the Products.
8.2 The current prices of the Products and our delivery charges will be as quoted on the Site, as updated from time to time.
8.3 Product prices and delivery charges include taxes ie. including GST where applicable.
9.1 Payment for all Products and Services must be by credit or debit card or any other payment method listed on the online checkout page of the Site.
9.2 Orders will be charged to your nominated payment method.
- It is your responsibility to ensure your accepted payment method details are valid and up to date. We accept Visa, MasterCard and PayPal.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that sufficient funds are available at the time of payment processing.
9.3 Storage of Information
- Hartwell Food Co does not collect or store payment information.
- All online debit/credit card transactions performed on this Site are through secured payment gateways. We currently use the ANZ, Square and PayPal payment gateways for our online payment transactions.
- Complete debit/credit card details cannot be viewed by Hartwell Food Co or any outside party.
- Payments will appear on your bank statement as “Hartwell Food Co” or “Father Rabbit and Company” in your PayPal account.
9.4 Suspected fraud accounts
- We reserve the right to investigate all accounts where we suspect incorrect or fraudulent activity occurred.
- We reserve the right to terminate your Order or accounts following the investigation.
10. OUR REFUND POLICY
10.1 Our Products come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. If you consider that the Product is defective or fails to comply with the Statutory Guarantees provided pursuant to the Australian Consumer Law, we will examine the received evidence of the defective Product and will notify you of the outcome via email within 14 days. If your refund is approved, we will process the refund within 14 days of the day we confirmed to you via email that you were entitled to a refund.
10.2 If you seek a refund for any other reason, you can request a refund by email to email@example.com and we will consider each request at our reasonable discretion. We will notify you of the outcome of your refund request via email within 14 days. If your refund is approved, we will process the refund within 14 days of the day we confirmed to you via email that you were entitled to a refund.
10.3 We will usually refund any money received from you using the same method originally used by you to pay for your purchase.
10.4 Refunds will not be provided for if you enter an address incorrectly.
10.5 Refunds will not be provided for change of mind.
11.1 We only deliver to addresses within the Service Areas (Melbourne, Victoria).
11.2 A $15 delivery fee is applied to each order.
11.3 During the ordering process you agree to provide us with complete and accurate information that we ask you to provide to enable us to fulfil an Order.
11.4 We will aim to deliver during the window of delivery. However, if an event occurs that is beyond our control, then we may not be able to do so and will not be liable to you or any other person for any such delay. In this instance, we will endeavour to provide you with notice of the delay as soon as reasonably possible.
11.5 We will deliver the Products to the front door of your nominated delivery address (Delivery Address). If you ask us to deliver inside a premise or building at the Delivery Address and we agree to do so, then you are responsible for any loss or damage suffered by us in connection with our delivery of the Products beyond the front door of the Delivery Address. You must make all appropriate arrangements to assist and allow us to deliver the Products, including ensuring safe access and obtaining any prior security or other approvals which may apply to the Delivery Address.
11.6 We may require the person accepting the delivery of the Products to provide us with proof of that person's identity (including photographic identification) and, where relevant, age.
11.7 We accept no liability or responsibility for incorrectly placed Orders. Nor do we accept liability or responsibility for delivery details which are incorrectly supplied, or you fail to supply.
11.8 If you will not be at home at the expected delivery time, we recommend you nominate a cool safe place for delivery of the Products. If you do not provide a specific place for delivery, we will leave the Products at your front door. If you advise us of any specific delivery instructions in an Order, we will endeavour to comply with these instructions to the extent reasonably within our control.
11.9 You will be responsible for an Order from the time we deliver the Products in accordance with your instructions. We accept no liability or responsibility for any Product once the Product has been delivered to you.
11.10 You understand that we may need to change your delivery date and window from time to time. We will notify you as soon as reasonably possible if your delivery date and window changes for any reason.
12. VOUCHERS, CODES AND GIFT CARDS
12.1 We may offer discount promotions, codes (Code) and other types of vouchers (Voucher). If paid for, the Voucher is deemed to have been sold at the time of payment for it. These Terms and Conditions will become applicable as between us and the holder of the Voucher (Holder) when the Holder redeems the Voucher through an Order for Products.
12.2 A Voucher may only be used once by its Holder and may not be copied, reproduced, distributed, resold or published either directly or indirectly in any form or stored in a data retrieval system without our prior written approval. A Voucher is only valid on the Holder’s Product purchase. Only one Voucher is allowed to be applied per Order. A Voucher may not be used in conjunction with any other offer or credit, vouchers are always applied to an Order before any credits in a customers account.
12.3 We reserve the right to withdraw or cancel any Voucher (other than a paid up-front gift card) or discount Code for any reason at any time.
12.4 Vouchers & Codes may only be redeemed through the Site and not through any other website or method of communication. To use your Voucher you will be required to enter its unique code at the online checkout and use of such code will be deemed to confirm your agreement to these Terms and Conditions and any special conditions attached to the Voucher.
12.5 Any discounts attached to Vouchers apply to the price of the Products ordered only and not to delivery charges.
12.6 Vouchers are not valid if used inappropriately, such as being published on deal site, bargain sites, marketplaces (including Facebook) and paid advertising (including Google Adwords). We reserve the right to cancel any suspicious codes if we become aware of inappropriate use.
12.7 Only one discount code can be used per transaction.
13. RISK AND TITLE
13.1 The Products will be at your risk from the time of delivery to the Delivery Address or in accordance with your delivery instructions.
13.2 Ownership of the Products will only pass to you when the order is paid for in full and we have delivered your Order in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
14. DISCLAIMER AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
14.1 The following paragraphs exclude or limit our liability for your use of the Site. They all apply so far as the law permits.
14.2 While we have taken reasonable steps to ensure the accuracy, currency, availability and completeness of the information contained on the Site, that information is provided in good faith and on an "as is" and "as available" basis and we do not make any representation or warranty of any kind, whether express or implied, as to the reliability of the information.
14.3 You acknowledge that the Products displayed on the Site are not an exact sample and are indicative only. The Products you receive may vary according to seasonal availability.
14.4 To the extent permitted by law, we do not represent or warrant that the Site will be available at all times, that access will be uninterrupted, that there will be no delays, failures, errors or omissions or loss of transmitted information, that no viruses or other contaminating or destructive properties will be transmitted, or that no damage will occur to your computer system.
14.5 You must take your own precautions to ensure that the process which you employ for accessing the Site does not expose you to the risk of viruses, malicious computer code or other forms of interference which may damage your computer system or any other computer system.
14.6 Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as totally secure. Whilst we strive to protect such information, we do not warrant and cannot ensure the security of any information which you transmit to us. Accordingly, any information which you transmit to us is transmitted at your own risk. Nevertheless, once we receive your transmission, we will take reasonable steps to preserve the security of such information.
14.8 We do not accept responsibility for any loss or damage, however caused (including through negligence), which you may directly or indirectly suffer in connection with your use of, attempted use of, or inability to use the Site or any linked website, nor do we accept any responsibility for any such loss arising out of your use of or reliance on information contained on or accessed through the Site.
14.9 To the extent permitted by law:
- In the case of the supply of Products:
- replacement or resupply of the Products; or
- the cost of replacing or resupplying the Products;
- In the case of the supply of Services:
- supplying the relevant Services again; or
- the cost of supplying the relevant Services again, and;
- in any event, will not exceed the fees paid by you to us under the relevant Order.
14.10 To the extent permitted by law, under no circumstances will we be liable for any loss of profit, loss of revenue, loss of contract, loss of business opportunity, loss of reputation, loss of data or any indirect or consequential loss arising in connection with these Terms and Conditions or the Services.
15. IMPORTANT NOTICE ABOUT LINKED WEBSITES
15.1 The Site may contain links to other websites (Linked Websites). Those Linked Websites are provided for convenience only and may not remain current or be maintained.
15.2 The Linked Websites should not be construed as an endorsement, approval or recommendation by us of the owners or operators of those Linked Websites, or of any information, graphics, materials, products or services referred to or contained on those Linked Websites, unless and to the extent we stipulate to the contrary.
15.3 To the extent permitted by law, we accept no responsibility or liability for, and give no warranty (express or implied) of any kind in respect of, the Linked Websites and your use of them or any products or services available on or through the Linked Websites.
16. TRANSFER OF RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS
16.1 These Terms and Conditions are binding on you and us and on our respective successors and assignees.
16.2 You may not transfer, assign, charge or otherwise dispose of your rights or liabilities under these Terms and Conditions, or any of your rights or obligations arising under it, without our prior written consent.
16.3 We may transfer, assign, charge, sub-contract or otherwise dispose of any of our rights or obligations arising under these Terms and Conditions, at any time without your prior consent.
17. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
17.1 We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in the Site, whether registered or unregistered, and in the material published on it. These works are protected by copyright laws and all such rights are reserved.
17.2 You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any pages from the Site for your personal reference. You must not use any part of our copyright materials for commercial purposes without first obtaining a licence to do so from us and our licensors.
17.3 If you post comments on the Products or Services to any website, blog or social media network (Commentary) you must ensure that such Commentary represents your fairly-held opinions. By agreeing to these Terms and Conditions, you irrevocably authorise us to quote from your Commentary on the Site and in any advertising or social media outlets which we may create or contribute to.
18. FORCE MAJEURE EVENTS
18.1 We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under these Terms and Conditions that is caused by events ourside our control (Force Majeure Event).
18.2 A Force Majeure Event includes any act, event, non-happening, omission or accident beyond our reasonable control and includes in particular (without limitation)
- strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action;
- civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war;
- fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster;
- impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport;
- impossibility of the use of public or private telecommunications networks;
- epidemic, pandemic or other health emergency (whether declared or not); and
- the acts, decrees, legislation, regulations or restrictions of any government.
18.3 Our performance under these Terms and Conditions is deemed to be suspended for the period that this Force Majeure Event continues, and we will have an extension of time for performance for the duration of that period. We will use our reasonable endeavours to find a solution by which our obligations under these Terms and Conditions may be performed despite the Event.
19.1 We may use your contact information to send you newsletters from us and from our related companies.
20.1 These Terms and Conditions contain the entire understanding between the parties concerning the subject matter of these Terms and Conditions and supersedes all prior communications.
20.2 The relationship between you and us is that of a principal and independent contractor. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions will be taken as giving rise to a relationship of employment, agency or partnership.
20.3 Each party acknowledges that, in entering into these Terms and Conditions, neither party relies on any representation or warranty (whether made innocently or negligently) that is not set out in these Terms and Conditions.
20.4 Our failure to enforce any provision under these Terms and Conditions will not waive our right thereafter to enforce any such provisions.
20.5 If any term or provision of these Terms and Conditions is held by a court to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable under the applicable law, that term or provision will be severed from these Terms and Conditions and the remaining terms and conditions will be unaffected.
20.6 These Terms and Conditions are governed by and are to be construed in accordance with the laws in force in Victoria. Each party irrevocably and unconditionally submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Victoria.